When you’re in the market for a new roof, there are a lot of material options you can consider. The most popular roofing material in the United States remains asphalt shingles, but metal roofs have surged in popularity over the last couple decades as the technology has advanced to create many more design options.
What are some of the biggest metal roofing benefits in Salt Lake City, UT that you should be aware of when making your decision? Here are a few examples:
- Lifespan: Generally speaking, you can expect metal roofs to last anywhere from 40 to 70 years on average, which is much longer than a traditional asphalt roof, and longer than shakes and other kinds of roofing options. This can result in thousands of dollars in savings, as you won’t have to worry about replacing the roof for decades, or quite possibly within your lifetime.
- Durability: Part of the reason why metal roofing is able to last for so long is that it has extraordinary durability. It is capable of withstanding extremely strong winds (up to 140 miles per hour), and is also naturally resistant to weather and elements that might cause deterioration in other kinds of roofs. You won’t have to worry about cracks, corrosion or damage caused by heavy impacts, and additional services create even better watertight seals to protect against storms.
- Maintenance: Metal roofs have minimal maintenance requirements. While it’s a good idea to have a professional inspection conducted every few years or so to make sure there aren’t any issues, you generally don’t need to perform many (or any) repairs.
- Safety: If you live in an area that sees severe weather, metal roofing will give you some extra peace of mind in the form of additional protection. You don’t have to worry about metal roofs igniting or sparking during lightning storms, or being ripped off by winds. They’re capable of holding up to strong storms of all types.
- Environmentally friendly: Metal roofs are a very eco-friendly option for environmentally-conscious consumers. They’re typically made with anywhere from 25 to 95 percent recycled materials. Compare this to asphalt shingles, which do not match that recyclable nature and are a major contributor to landfills. When metal roofs reach the end of their life cycle, they are frequently 100 percent recyclable. In addition, metal roofing is very energy efficient. It works as a natural reflector against solar heat, which means you’ll be able to maintain interior temperatures with much greater ease. This cuts down on how much energy you have to expend with your HVAC to maintain comfortable indoor environments.
- Versatile: Today’s metal roofing comes in a wider variety of designs, colors and textures than ever before, making it highly versatile. You’ll be able to get just about any kind of appearance you want to complement your home’s exterior.
For more information about some of the biggest metal roofing benefits in Salt Lake City, UT, we encourage you to contact the professionals at Stubbs Roofing, Inc. with any questions.
Categorised in: Metal Roofing
This post was written by Writer