There are a lot of factors that go into choosing the right material for your roof. Cost is usually one of the biggest considerations for homeowners, followed by finding the right color and style to match your home’s exterior. But one more thing you should think about is what the best roofing material is for Salt Lake City, UT.
Some roofing materials work better in certain climates than others, so it’s important to understand how your particular roof will stand up to Salt Lake City’s weather. The following are some of the best choices when it comes to Utah roofing materials:
- Asphalt shingles: Asphalt shingles are most homeowners’ go-to choice for roofing because they are the least expensive and more cost-effective and easy to install. They are also a fine choice for roofs in Utah because they offer basic protection from all types of weather, meaning they’re a good all-around option for Salt Lake City’s winter snowstorms and its summer sun. Asphalt shingles are not as durable as other roofing materials, as they can come loose during high winds or storms, but they are easy to replace and are the best choice if you’re on a tight budget.
- Metals: Metal roofing is another great choice of Utah roofing materials. Metal sheet roofs help reflect and retain heat, lowering energy bills and offering insulation in all types of weather. Metal is much more durable (making it ideal for snowstorms), fireproof (which is great in wildfire danger zones) and requires virtually no maintenance. However, these benefits do come at a significantly higher cost.
- Tiles: Clay and concrete tiles are similar to metal roofing in that they offer great insulation properties and stand up well against the elements. They also last a long time, but the price of longevity is much higher than that of alternatives.
- Slate shingles: Slate shingles are probably the most expensive option on this list, but it’s likely that you won’t have to replace your roof again in your lifetime because they last so long. Slate shingles are also great for Utah because they are water-resistant and non-combustible.
- Membrane: If you have a flat roof and are worried about the possibility of leaks due to Salt Lake City’s winter snowfall, a membrane roof might be the perfect option. The water-tight seal on this roof eliminates the possibility of leaking and stands up well against rain and snow for a relatively low cost.
One roofing material that might not be the best for Utah is wood shingles, because of their need for lots of maintenance and their combustibility in the event of a fire.
If you have more questions about the best roofing material for homes in Salt Lake City, UT, call the experts at Stubbs Roofing, Inc.! Our family owned and operated roofing business can install roofing of all kinds, from standard asphalt shingles to membrane roofs, and offers a full suite of roofing services for home and business owners. Call us today to learn about the materials we offer and what we recommend for your property.
Categorised in: Roof Materials
This post was written by Writer