High-quality, well-built roofs that are installed correctly can last up to 25 years or more. However, depending on your climate and how much maintenance is performed over those years, you might see both short-term and long-term roofing problems in Salt Lake City, UT along the way. Local roof repair specialists are here to tell you more about some of these problems so that you are able to recognize the first sign of trouble and take appropriate action:
- Leaking roof: Barring the occurrence of an event that causes major damage to your roof, most leaks will typically start out small, and may be hard to notice initially. If rainwater is allowed to penetrate your shingles through these leaks, not only will the shingles themselves sustain damage, but your insulation, attic and any valuable items you’re storing up there are also at risk.
- Increased energy bills: If you have indeed spotted a leak in your roof, then you know with certainty that there is at least one opening for conditioned air to escape from your home. If your roof is older or has been neglected for a while, it is likely that there are other gaps and crevices creating similar weaknesses. The longer these breaches go unaddressed, the higher your energy bills could rise, as your HVAC system will have to work that much harder to combat the losses and keep your home temperate.
- Mold growth: If mold and mildew begin to grow in your roof because of the excess water that is coming through a leaking hole or damp insulation, harmful damage will result. Not only will this put your roofing structure in jeopardy, but the health of all of those in the home could also be affected.
- Diminished property value: If your roof is in extreme disrepair, your property value will take a hit. If you have plans on selling your home in the near future, you could be looking at repairing thousands of dollars’ worth of damage before you are even able to put your house on the market. Alternatively, if you decide to try to sell your home as is, you could be leaving tens of thousands of dollars on the table due to a roof that is in poor condition.
- Water damage: When the short-term issue of a leak is not addressed, water damage will become the long-term result. Depending on the size of the leak, water will not only begin to seep into your attic, but can begin causing damage to the rest of your home as well. Wait too long to correct the problem and your ceiling may begin to sag and could even collapse if too much water has accumulated over time.
No matter what types of issues your roof may be exhibiting, make sure to contact us right away at Stubbs Roofing, Inc. With nearly 20 years of experience, our team has what it takes to keep your short-term troubles from turning into long-term issues, and your long-term issues from developing into much more serious roofing problems in Salt Lake City, UT. To arrange the repairs you need to prevent a major headache down the line, give us a call today to schedule your consultation.
Categorised in: Roof Damage
This post was written by Writer