The roof is one of the most important aspects of your home. Not only is it the most visible part of the home’s exterior, it’s also the first line of defense against the elements. A good roof will keep a home cool in the summer, warm in the winter and dry when it rains. Unfortunately, many homeowners seem to forget the importance of a good roof. You need to hire expert roofers in Salt Lake City, UT who will use the best materials and provide regular maintenance to ensure the roof is ready to protect your home for years to come.
Some mistakes could shorten the lifespan of the roof and damage the home, leaving you with no choice but to shell out thousands of dollars for expensive roof repairs or even a full replacement. Here are six major roofing mistakes to avoid:
- Over-insulating the home: Too much insulation can actually be bad for your roof. Over-insulating the attic will make it difficult for the space to fully ventilate, resulting in mold growth and other unpleasant issues.
- Skipping regular roof inspections: Just because you can’t see a problem doesn’t mean there aren’t any hiding beneath the surface. Major issues could be lurking underneath shingles. The only way to prevent these things from turning into costly issues is to have the roof inspected by a professional roofer in Salt Lake City, UT on a regular basis. They’ll be able to handle any small repairs as they arise, instead of waiting until they turn into an emergency.
- Re-roofing over old shingles: Nailing new shingles over old ones won’t cut it when it’s time for a new roof. This will only make the problem worse. The old shingles need to be removed entirely before the new ones are installed. This is the only way to guarantee a proper seal that will stand up to the elements and the tests of time.
- Forgetting to check the attic: You could be missing obvious signs that the roof needs to be replaced by only inspecting from the outside of the home. Head inside to the attic and look for any signs of mold growth or excessive humidity.
- Using a pressure washer to clean: Pressure washers are a great way to quickly blast away dirt, debris and general buildup. Unfortunately, they are just too powerful for the roof. The harsh spray of the pressure washer can cause serious damage. Instead, use a hose to wash away any dirt and to prevent mold growth.
- Not hiring professional roofers in Salt Lake City, UT: Sure, your brother’s friend might be able to replace your roof, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to do a good job. Experience counts when it comes to installing a new roof. A professional has the right training and years of experience to correctly install a roof that will last.
Maintaining your home’s roof doesn’t have to be complicated with the help of the professionals at Stubbs Roofing, Inc. Call us today to schedule a residential roofing repair or replacement!
Categorised in: Roofers
This post was written by Writer