Does it seem like your roof has lost more shingles than it has left? If so, then it is probably safe to say it’s time for a new roof! But choosing a roofing contractor to install a new roof can be an overwhelming, confusing and exhausting process. You want a professional roofing contractor who will provide high quality work at a fair price.
Most roofing contractors are reliable, but others are more interested in just turning a quick profit. Shoddy workmanship could leave you stuck with years of costly repairs, but asking a few questions before signing off on any work will eliminate the disreputable options so you can hire an experienced contractor the first time around. Ask any prospective roofing contractors in Salt Lake City, UT the following questions before making a hiring decision:
- How long has the company been in business? As a homeowner, you want a company that has repaired hundreds of roofs. Years of on-the-job experience will equip the roofing contractor with the necessary training to handle any unexpected challenges that may arise. Ideally, the business owner and crew leaders should have at least 10 years of experience.
- Do you have a local address? Stay clear of any roofing companies that don’t have a physical location within your community. A non-local company may not be around to fix any future problems or honor an existing warranty.
- Are you licensed? Utah requires all contractors to have a license issued by the Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing. This ensures the roofing contractor has demonstrated knowledge of local codes and regulations. Don’t hesitate to call the department to verify the contractor is legitimately licensed with the state.
- Do you carry insurance? A reputable roofing contractor will carry both liability insurance and worker’s compensation. Worker’s compensation will cover the employee if they are injured on the job. Without it, the homeowner could find themselves responsible for any medical bills or lost wages. Liability insurance protects you if the roofing company accidentally damages your property during the repair.
- Is a warranty provided? Get the details about the warranty before it’s needed. An ideal warranty will cover both the materials and the work performed. There should also be an additional warranty provided by the original manufacturer that covers any of their materials.
- Will you use any subcontractors? Some companies claim to be “doing the work themselves,” but then hire a subcontractor for the job. This is usually a red flag, as there is no guarantee the subcontractor will provide high quality work or service.
- How long will it take? Get a clear timeline of how long the job should last before work begins. Inquire about what will happen if the project requires more work than the initial projection, or how they will accommodate any work days cut short by bad weather.
Finding reputable roofing contractors in Salt Lake City, UT shouldn’t have to be a struggle. Call Stubbs Roofing, Inc. for all your roofing needs!
Categorised in: Roofing Contractors
This post was written by Writer