Whether you have roof damage that needs fixing or your roof is in dire need of replacement, don’t rush the process of choosing a contractor! Here are some important things to take into consideration before hiring a roofing contractor in Salt Lake City, UT:
- Required licenses: Find out what licensing requirements your state has in place for residential or commercial roofing contractors. Before you even consider a roofing contractor, make sure they possess a valid license that is up to date. Call your local state or county licensing agency to verify their license information. At this time you can also find out whether there are any complaints on record, and how they were resolved.
- Proper insurance: Roofing contractors should be covered by two types of insurance: worker’s compensation and liability insurance. If a company’s employee is injured while on your property, then worker’s comp will cover the employee’s medical expenses. Don’t hire a contractor who does not have worker’s compensation insurance—otherwise, you could be held responsible or find yourself slapped with a lawsuit. Liability insurance covers property damage done by the roofing team during the roof repair or replacement process. Verify their insurance coverage before hiring them!
- Experience and reputation: You want to hire a company that has a long history of doing excellent work in your area. An established work history almost always means they are roofers with years of experience and a good reputation in your community. Just make sure you find a roofing contractor for your specific needs—for example, do you need residential roofing service or commercial roofing services?
- References from past clients: The right roofer for the job will be able to provide several references from past clients. It’s a good idea to contact references and ask a few questions. How satisfied are they with the work? Did the team show up on time every day? Was the project completed on time? Did they run into any problems with the contractor?
- Communication and customer service skills: Make sure the contractor demonstrates good communication skills, especially since you are bound to have questions over the course of your roofing project. Also, choose a roofing company with people who understand good customer service. There’s nothing worse than paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for a home improvement service and having to deal with rude people. Go online and find comments from past clients.
- Contract in writing: The contractor could be the friendliest, most polite person you’ve ever met, but do not start your roofing repair or replacement project without getting a written contract. Work contracts are meant to protect both parties. The contract should have the contractor’s full name and contact information, a detailed description of the work to be done, an outline and breakdown of materials and labor costs and a schedule for the project.
The key to finding the right company for your project is to ask questions. Contact Stubbs Roofing, Inc. today to speak with an experienced roofing contractor in Salt Lake City, UT!
Categorised in: Roofing Contractors
This post was written by Writer