There’s a lot of talk about roof leaks this time of year—especially when those spring showers start rolling in! Unless you’re in the roofing industry, you probably don’t know what’s true and what’s false when it comes to leaks and roof repair in Salt Lake City, UT. Continue reading to learn some of the basics!
What causes leaks?
It goes without saying that there’s not one cause of all roof leaks. However, these are some of the most common reasons why roofs leak:
- Age: A standard roof will last about 20 years if it’s inspected regularly by a professional. Give us a call for roof replacement or minor repairs if your roof is getting up there in years.
- Missing shingles: As roofs age, they tend to lose a shingle here and there. You might not think that’s a big deal, but trust us, it is! Rain, sleet and snow can easily penetrate areas with missing shingles, which inevitably leads to a leak.
- Clogged gutters: Cleaning leaves, twigs and other debris out of your gutters is not the most enjoyable task. However, cleaning them out is crucial if you want to avoid leaks and prevent other types of roof damage.
Signs your roof is leaking
The good news about roof leaks is the fact that they’re easy to identify—as long as you know what to look for:
- Water stains: Look up at your ceilings and over at your walls—are there any dark or wet spots? If so, you have a problem! Those water stains could be the sign of a water leak coming from your roof. Call the pros today to repair your roof and get rid of your water stain problems.
- Mold: The longer you go without treating water stains, the greater the chance that you run into an issue with mold. Mold and mildew aren’t just unsightly—they can also be a health threat, and require expensive mold removal service.
- Drips: The easiest way to tell that you have a leak is if you see or hear a drip, drip, drip coming from your ceiling. Keep in mind that the drip could be caused by a leaking pipe and not a faulty roof, but it’s not a bad idea to have us inspect your roof anyway, just to make sure.
What can be done to prevent roof leaks?
Luckily, there are a couple of easy things you can do to prevent leaks and avoid subsequent roof repair in Salt Lake City, UT:
- Get an inspection: Massive damage to your roof is easy to notice. After all, who could miss a gaping hole in their roof? The problem is that you aren’t trained to look for the small flaws in roofs that usually lead to leaks. Be sure to call a local roofing company once a year to inspect your roof for any damage.
- Make repairs early: Nobody enjoys having to pay to have their roof repaired. However, it’s crucial to do so if you want to avoid leaks. Call us as soon as you notice roof damage so we can make small repairs that’ll prevent leaks.
Be sure to call Stubbs Roofing, Inc. for repairs as soon as you notice a leak in your roof. The longer you wait for roof repair in Salt Lake City, UT, the more extensive the fix is likely to be.
Categorised in: Roof Repair
This post was written by Writer