When it comes time to replace your roof, you essentially have two options. You can choose to hire roofers in Salt Lake City, UT to shingle over your existing roof, or you can tear your whole roof off and start from scratch. While you can’t go wrong with either choice, each option has its own pros and cons. Continue reading to learn more about tearing off and shingling you’re your existing roofing!
First, let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons related to tearing off your existing roof:
- Your new roof will last longer: The top reason people opt to tear off their roof is because they’ll be getting a brand new one! A totally new roof won’t just look better than their old one—it’ll last longer, too. With the proper crew installing the roof, and the right types of shingles, a new roof can last upwards of 20 years. Give Stubbs Roofing, Inc. a call today to find out about putting a new roof on, and how our team can ensure it lasts for as long as you’re in your home.
- You can choose a new style: A lot of folks redecorate a few rooms in their homes every couple of years in order to keep everything fresh and exciting. One thing they don’t do so often is update the look of their roof! If you hire a shingle roofer in Salt Lake City, UT to tear off your roof, you can pick out new shingles when it’s time to put a new roof on. You’ll be amazed at all of the choices you have when it comes to the roofing materials and colors that are available nowadays.
- It’s time consuming: It goes without saying that the process of tearing off your whole roof and putting a new one on can take quite some time! The tear off process can take several weeks longer than it would to just shingle over the existing roof.
Installing new shingles over the existing roof also comes with its own set of pros and cons. These include:
- It’s less costly: If you want to save some money with roofing, you’re going to want to shingle over your existing roof instead of tearing it off. You’ll save money on both materials and the cost of labor. It depends on the size of your roof and how much work needs to be done, but you can save up to 20 percent by shingling over instead of tearing off.
- It can be risky: When you choose to shingle over your existing roof, you never really know how well it’s going to turn out. Although new shingles will protect the top layer of your roof, the second layer of the roof is still vulnerable to being damaged. If that older layer is damaged, you’re bound to have problems with leaks in your home. If that’s the case, you may have to call a shingle roofer in Salt Lake City, UT to tear off your roof and start anew.
The final decision as to whether you want to tear off your existing roof or shingle it over is obviously yours to make. One thing is certain, though—you should hire Stubbs Roofing, Inc. to do it! We’re some of the best roofers in Salt Lake City, UT, and there’s no job too big or too small for our crew to tackle. Give us a call today to learn more about us and all of our services!
Categorised in: Certified Roofers
This post was written by Writer