When is the last time you thought about your roof? It may be aging without your even realizing it. While many roofs are designed to last 20 years or more, yours can live a much longer life if you spend some time maintaining it. This will help you eliminate the need for roof repairs and avoid a roof replacement before you need it. To make sure your roof enjoys a healthy life, take these tips from roofing contractors in Salt Lake City, UT:
- Perform an inspection: Inspecting your roof on a regular basis can help alert you to signs that something is wrong before it requires a costly replacement. Be sure to examine your roof both indoors and out, as roofing problems can occur in any part of the structure. You will be able to identify signs of wear, damage and missing shingles. Getting familiar with your roof will allow you to identify when you have a problem that needs to be addressed by roofing contractors in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Clean your roof regularly: Keeping your roof clean is the main way that you can avoid damage to the shingles. Algae and dirt can build up, but with a little elbow grease, you can remove this from your roof shingles with ease. Not only will your roof have a better appearance, but you will also ensure that there is no debris on your roof that could ruin its quality over time.
- Prune trees away: Trees that grow and hang alongside your home can cause significant damage to your It allows moisture to remain on your roof’s surface and can cause quicker wear than normal. Prune back all your hanging bushes and trees on a regular basis to prevent damage from occurring to your roof.
- Clean gutters: Your gutters can become filled with debris if they aren’t cleaned on a regular basis. This will cause debris to wind up on your roof and prevent water from flowing off your roof shingles. Keeping your gutters free of leaves, twigs and debris will allow for proper water flow away from your home, improving the integrity of your roof.
- Provide proper ventilation: Having a proper ventilation system in your roof for your attic can reduce moisture buildup and allow your home to breathe. Improper ventilation creates a buildup of heat in your attic and can break down its building structure. If you don’t have venting in your roof, have your roofing contractors in Salt Lake City, UT install a ventilation system that allows air to flow throughout your home to maintain its
Making sure your roof lasts with these maintenance tips from roofing contractors in Salt Lake City, UT can save you on repairs and roof replacement. You’ll have a roof that always looks good and lasts its full expected lifespan. Call Stubbs Roofing, Inc. when you have a roof problem that needs to be taken care of by the pros. We also offer regular roof maintenance, as well as complete roof installations for your home or business. Get in touch today to learn more!
Categorised in: Certified Roofers
This post was written by Writer