Unless you are better than most homeowners about performing seasonal inspections of your roof, you may not think too much about repairing it until you have a serious problem with it. Keeping an eye on your roof through the course of your ownership of the home can help dictate when you need roof repair in Salt Lake City, UT. If you see any of the following signs, be sure to get in contact with your roof contractor for an inspection, as you are most likely in need of urgent repairs:
- Leaking and water damage: A clear sign that you need roof repair in Salt Lake City, UT is if there is leaking water inside your home or areas where you see indications of water damage. This means the shingles on your roof are not doing their job any longer, which means you are in need of new shingles to protect the interior of your home from moisture from rain or snow. If you see these signs, be sure to contact your roofing contractor for an inspection before the damage gets worse.
- Holes to the outdoors: When you can see the blue sky from your attic—or worse, from somewhere else in your home—it is apparent that you need to have roof repair in Salt Lake City, UT as soon as possible. You may have areas on your roof that are missing shingles, and may even require a new roof to truly get this problem under control.
- Torn or cracked shingles: Any time your shingles begin to tear or crack, you should consider having your roof repaired. If your shingles are in poor condition, it is time to install new ones before you have water damage from your shingles not being able to protect your home as well as they once could.
- Rot or moldy shingles: Any time you have a water problem on your roof, you need to be concerned, as this can quickly turn to rot or mold, rendering your shingles useless. If you find mold or rot on your shingles, you can be assured that you are in need of roof repair in Salt Lake City, UT. A roofing contractor can help you with a rot or mold issue and get your roof repaired in no time.
- Shingle granules: One of the main signs you should look for to determine whether your shingles are past their prime is the excessive presence of shingle granules in your gutters or on the ground near your home. These granules wear off the asphalt shingle material when they begin to break down, meaning you need a new roof relatively soon.
Watching for these factors to determine whether you need roof repair in Salt Lake City, UT can help prevent further damage to the interior of your home and ensure you get you a new or repaired roof as soon as you need it. For roof repair and replacement at your home, contact Stubbs Roofing, Inc. We are a family-owned and operated business that offers a variety of roofing services, including new roof installations, repairs and replacements. Call us today to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Roof Repair
This post was written by Writer